The maintenance company will always check the property after the previous tenant has moved out. However, it is in your own interest to inspect the property and the condition of the fixtures and fittings yourself immediately you move in. Write down any faults and deficiencies you find on the apartment inspection form which you received on signing the tenancy agreement. Keep the section of the inspection form that belongs to you. Send VAV’s sections of the inspection form to the maintenance company.
In conjunction with your move, the maintenance company will enter the family members you have stated in the register for the building. If the number of members of your family increases during the tenancy, please inform the maintenance company of this immediately.
THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN MOVING HOUSE:
- Fill in a notification of move form at the register office. This form is available at the local register office and at post offices
- Notification of move can also be carried out online: www.maistraatti.fi
- Ask the post office to have your post redirected to your new address
- Enter into an electricity contract with an energy company
- Switch your internet and phone lines with your service provider
- Tell your friends and relations your new address
- Remember home insurance