I’m living in a slow nature documentary, says Tuula Laukkanen. Tuula Laukkanen loves the peaceful neighborhood of Hiekkaharju. The popular area is cozy. Families with kids appreciate the good cycleways and public transport connections. 1. Area with small houses I often go Nordic walking amidst the small houses in Hiekkaharju; being from different eras they […]
Please carry out weekly and spring cleaning in your home. We all have our own ways of cleaning. Some clean more often than others, some carry out housecleaning once a year, others clean all the time. There are many ways, tools and materials available for cleaning. Everyone comes up with their own way of cleaning and keeping their home tidy during their residency. Nonetheless, it is important to remember that the right approach to cleaning and tidying helps to keep your home cosy and prevent the wear and tear of surfaces.
The apartment in general
- Hoover the floors, wipe them clean using detergent and remove potential stains.
- Wipe doors, walls, cupboards, shelves, drawers, doorframes and surfaces and remove potential stains.
- Clean the air vents, the slot air valves in either the walls or windows, at least once a year.
- Clean the windows at least once a year.
- Clean the stove and oven, and hoover and clean behind the stove.
- Clean the oven grilles and trays.
- Defrost and clean the refrigerator and freezer. Be careful not to allow melting water to spill onto the floor. Remember to switch off both the refrigerator and the freezer, and leave their doors open until dry.
- Clean the extractor hood.
- Remove and clean the grease filter of the extractor hood.
- Clean the sink.
- Wash the waste containers.
- Wipe cupboards, drawers and surfaces, on both the inside and the outside.
Bathroom and sauna
- Clean the floor drain.
- Clean the toilet bowl and sink.
- Clean the mirrors and other surfaces.
- Wipe the walls and floors.
- Clean the seats and floor of the sauna.